The global market value for bioabsorbable scaffolds (BAS) will expand rapidly from $143.7 million in 2014 to just under $2.1 billion by 2021, driven primarily by new product approvals and a paradigm shift in the clinical treatment of vascular diseases towards minimally-invasive procedures. This significant increase, which will occur across the ten major markets, represents an impressive CAGR of 42.1%. With sufficient improvements, BAS could begin to challenge drug-eluting stents as the gold standard of coronary and peripheral artery disease stenting, as BAS devices aim to directly confront the current issues with permanent metallic stents, such as late in-stent restenosis, vessel scarring and late stent thrombosis. Technological trends in the market are aimed at reducing the thickness of BAS and providing better delivery systems, more efficient drug-elution characteristics, and faster resorption times.
GlobalData’s MediPoint: Bioabsorbable Scaffolds – Global Analysis and Market Forecasts report provides analysis across the ten major markets – the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, Brazil, China and India, including annualised market data from 2014 and forecasts until 2021.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What is the current and future outlook of bioabsorbable scaffolds in developed and emerging markets?
- What trends are affecting the global market?
- What are the market sizes of each segment?
- What are unmet needs in the market? What are the clinical and non-clinical barriers in this space?
- What is the physician perceptions and market outlook of bioabsorbable scaffolds which are considered to be the fourth revolution in interventional cardiology?
The expanding presence of BAS products, along with a reduction in their prices, will drive substantial growth by 2021. Find out more!