The spinal non-fusion space represents one of the promising markets in the orthopedic industry. Sales in the non-fusion market are expected to experience steady growth throughout the forecast period, reaching $748.1m in 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.3%.
Key drivers of growth of this market during the forecast period include:
- Increasing prevalence of degenerative spinal diseases
- Drawbacks of spinal fusion surgeries
- Improving reimbursement landscape for cervical total disc replacement
- Direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing to improve patient awareness of total disc replacement surgeries
Key barriers to growth of this market during the forecast period include:
- Unfavourable reimbursement scenarios in developing economies
- Economic softness and payer pushback that worsens pricing erosion
- Lingering concerns over the long-term clinical effectiveness of some non-fusion technologies
- Ever-intensifying market competition that complicates business expansion efforts
GlobalData’s MediPoint: Spinal Non-fusion – Global Analysis and Market Forecasts report provides analysis of the spinal non-fusion treatment space across the 10 major markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India, including annualized market data from 2014 and forecast until 2021.
Single user price: $6,495