The pharmaceutical sector is one of the most dynamic industries in the UK and is a major contributor to the country’s economy. The pharmaceutical market in the UK is set to grow from $28.8 billion in 2015 to approximately $43 billion by 2020, representing a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.4%, driven primarily by a robust life sciences industry. The pharmaceutical industry was the sixth largest contributor to the UK’s balance of trade, contributing $46.9 billion (£32.4 billion) to the economy in 2014, according to the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
The positive trends in the UK healthcare market can be attributed primarily to:
• Increasing elderly population
• Universal healthcare insurance
• High degree of access to healthcare facilities
GlobalData’s CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape – UK report provides analysis of the pharmaceutical market landscape in the UK, and the impact of the current and emerging market access strategies used by the pharmaceutical industry for new and existing drugs. It discusses the regulatory requirements, key health insurance trends, government healthcare policies, and general industry trends.
This report includes:
• An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of the UK including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers.
• Profile and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. The key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Roche and Merck. The key players covered for the medical devices market are Essilor International, GlaxoSmithKline, DePuy Companies, Johnson & Johnson and B.Braun.
• Insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, the regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices.
• A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of the UK including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
Price: $1,995 (Single User License)
Published: March 2016
Report Format: electronic pdf