The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Alzheimer’s disease market will rise from a value of $3 billion in 2014 to $5.1 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.9% across the four Asia-Pacific markets assessed. The main driver of this impressive growth, which will occur across India, China, Australia and Japan, will be rising and aging populations, as Alzheimer’s disease is significantly more prevalent among the elderly. Additional market drivers include better diagnostic techniques, improving health awareness, special healthcare programs, health insurance coverage, and increasing treatment affordability.
Across the APAC region, the expansion of health insurance coverage will increase access to healthcare, also leading to a rise in Alzheimer’s diagnosis and higher treatment rates. In terms of the current Alzheimer’s pipeline, there are a number of late-stage products with the potential to be approved and launched in APAC countries during the forecast period. These include first-in-class Beta-site Amyloid precursor protein Cleaving Enzyme (BACE)1 inhibitors and passive immunotherapies.
GBI Research’s Alzheimer’s Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 – Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence, Growing Awareness and Expected Launch of Disease Modifying Therapies report provides analysis of the Alzheimer’s disease treatment space across the Asia-Pacific countries of India, China, Australia and Japan, with annualized market date from 2014 and forecast to 2021. It includes analysis of the Alzheimer’s disease pipeline stratified by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target.
Key questions answered:
• Which classes of drug dominate the AD market? What newly approved therapies have entered the market?
• How do the leading marketed therapies compare clinically? How will the new therapies be positioned in the treatment of AD?
• How have selected late-stage pipeline therapies performed in clinical trials? Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
• What are the failure rates for individual phases of clinical development?
• How do AD clinical trial characteristics, including failure rate, duration, and size compare against respiratory and industry averages?
• How much of a role will disease prevalence and new product approvals play in market growth?
• Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
• What were the trends in deal completion by product stage of development? What were the conditions of the key licensing or co-development deals to take place in AD?
Price: $4,995 (Single User License)
Published: Mar – 2016
Publisher: GBI Research
Report Format: electronic pdf