Deals Decreased in the Power Industry in 2015
- The power industry registered a decrease of 17% in the number of deals and 8% in deal value with 2,855 deals worth US$610.4 billion in 2015, as compared to 3,444 deals worth US$665.7 billion in 2014.
- The solar energy segment registered 1,115 deals in 2015, as compared to 1,184 deals in 2014. The wind energy market came second with 757 deals. The fossil fuels and hydro market followed with 511 and 506 deals, respectively, in 2014.
- The number of asset financing deals in the power industry decreased from 1,163 deals in 2014 to 934 deals in 2015.
- North America reported a decrease in the number of deals with 1,057 in 2015, as compared to 1,255 deals in 2014.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. was ranked at the top of the M&A advisory table for advising on acquisitions, divestitures and mergers of power companies and assets. The company participated in seven M&A transactions in the power industry, for a deal value of US$13.2 billion in 2015.
GlobalData’s “Power Annual Deals Analysis 2015” report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on the mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and financing in the power industry. The report provides detailed information on M&As, equity/debt offerings, private equity, venture financing and partnership transactions registered in the power industry in 2015. The report discloses detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value in the past five quarters, categorized into deal types, segments, and geographies. The report provides information on the top private equity, venture capital and advisory firms in the power industry.
Single user price: $3,500