Market value: The global generics market grew by 9.1% in 2015 to reach a value of $271.2 billion. In 2020, the global generics market is forecast to have a value of $412.9 billion, an increase of 52.3% since 2015.
Market volume: The global generics market grew by 2% in 2015 to reach a volume of 82.2 % of total pharma volume. In 2020, the global generics market is forecast to have a volume of 88.7 % of total pharma volume, an increase of 7.9% since 2015.
Geography segmentation: Asia-Pacific accounts for 34.8% of the global generics market value.
MarketLine’s latest report Generics: Global Industry Guide, provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Your key questions answered
– What was the size of the global generics market by value in 2015?
– What will be the size of the global generics market in 2020?
– What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global generics market?
– How has the market performed over the last five years?
– How large is the global generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Single user price: $1,495