Methanol is a biodegradable liquid chemical, commonly produced from natural gas. It is a chemical intermediary whose major end-use segments are formaldehyde, Dimethyl Ether (DME) and acetic acid. Its fuel qualities make it an excellent blending component with gasoline, to make more environmental friendly fuel. Methanol is also used to make intermediate petrochemicals that are used in the fertilizer, textile and furniture industries. It is also used for producing olefins through MTO/MTP.
Republic of Korea demand by value for Methanol increased from $362.2million in 2005 to $603.1 million in 2014, at a CAGR of 5.8%. According to GlobalData forecasts, the demand value for Methanol is expected to grow from $603.1 million in 2014 to $553.1 million in 2019, at a negative CAGR of 1.7%.
GlobalData’s report, “Methanol Industry Outlook in Korea to 2019 – Market Size, Price Trends and Trade Balance”, provides up to date in-depth information on Korea’s Methanol industry. The report presents major market trends. The report offers historical and forecast market size, demand and production forecasts, end-use demand details, price trends, trade balance data.
Single user price: $1000
Unmanned combat aerial vehicles will acquire greater market share and receive higher funding than manned fighter jets over the next five years. Supported by the ability to operate in high risk and complex target environments, and their intelligence gathering and reconnaissance capabilities, demand for UCAVs will increase over the next five years in spite of anticipated defence budget cuts. Demand for next-generation precision-guided weapons and low cost autonomous attack systems, along with advanced weapons technologies such as low power jamming systems and micro-munitions, will be high over the next five years. Geographically, investment on UCAVs will be higher in North America and Asia-Pacific, resulting in significant demand opportunities in the US and China during the next five years.
- The majority of respondents anticipate UCAVs to attain a major share within the defence industry as compared to manned fighter jets in the next five years
- Armed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) UCAVs will attract largest amount of investment during the next five years
- The ability to operate in high-risk and complex target environments and intelligence gathering and reconnaissance are driving the significance of UCAVs
- Low power jamming systems used in UCAVs will record very high or high demand during the next five years
- Technological advancements in command, control and communication and life cycle cost will drive UCAVs growth
- Investment allocation towards UCAV industry will be highest in North American region as compared to other regions over the next five years
- Demand for UCAVs will be very high or high in the US, China, the UK over the next five years
Strategic Defence Intelligence’s UCAV- Market Outlook, Demand Drivers and Advanced Weapon Technologies report presents executives’ opinion on expected changes in investment on UCAVs as compared to manned fighters during the next five years. Organizations can understand key factors responsible for growing UCAV prominence, major barriers expected for the UCAV sector over the next five years, UCAV categories with prominent investment potential, areas for technological advancement, regional investment forecast, key potential markets for UCAVs over the next five years , and demand projections for weapons carried by UCAVs. Additionally, organizations will have access to information categorized by region and company type wherever applicable.
Single user price: $1,950
GlobalData’s latest report Q2 2016 Global Bid Round Outlook – Gabon to Hold Postponed Deepwater Round, provides a detailed overview of the global bid rounds due to close in Q2 2016. The report covers major developments related to bid rounds in Q1 2016, information on each bid round due to close in Q2 2016 by country. Recent exploration and licensing history of countries where bids are due to close in the quarter and Overview of bid rounds due in Q3 2016.
- Three bid rounds are due to close in Q2 2016: the 2015 Offshore Round 2 and 2015 Offshore Round 1 Re-release, both in Australia, and the 11th Licensing Round in Gabon.
- The deadline for the submission of bids to the Gabon’s 11th Licensing Round was extended from March 31, 2016 to April 29, 2016, as the Direction Generale des Hydrocarbures planned to update the country’s fiscal terms in April 2016. This extension also provides an opportunity for the interested companies to evaluate potential changes in the fiscal terms.
- The blocks on offer in Gabon’s round are located in close proximity to Leopard-1 and Diaman-1B discoveries in pre-salt plays. The Diaman-1B well was drilled in 2013 and encountered 50–55m of net hydrocarbon pay while Leopard-1 encountered about 17m of net gas pay in 2014. These discoveries could enhance the interest of oil and gas companies in the Gabon’s bid round.
- The 2015 Offshore Round 2 in Australia offers the highest acreage of all the bid rounds at 45,710km-2, followed by the 11th Licensing Round in Gabon with 8,465km-2 and the 2015 Offshore Round 1 Re-release in Australia with 5,610km-2.
- The blocks on offer in 2015 Offshore Round 2 in Australia – W15-3 and W15-4 – are close to the Icthys LNG project. The W15-4 block already had a gas discovery and an oil discovery within its perimeter.
Price: $1,500 (Single User License)
Published: May -16
Report Format: electronic pdf
Mexico Acrylic Acid plant capacity remained same from 0.045 MMTPA in 2005 to 0.045 MMTPA in 2014. It is expected to remain the same as 0.045 MMTPA until 2019. The only Acrylic Acid plant in Mexico in 2014 is The Dow Chemical Company Cangrejera Acrylic Acid Plant.
The only Acrylic Acid Company in the region is The Dow Chemical Company. It accounted for 100.0% of the Acrylic Acid capacity in Mexico in 2014.
GlobalData’s, “Acrylic Acid Industry Outlook in Mexico to 2019 – Market Size, Company Share, Price Trends, Capacity Forecasts of All Active and Planned Plants“, provides in-depth coverage of Mexico’s Acrylic Acid industry and presents major market trends. The report covers Mexico’s Acrylic Acid plants and presents installed capacity by production process. It also gives historical and forecast market size, demand and production forecasts, end-use demand details, price trends, trade balance data, and company shares of the country’s leading Acrylic Acid producers to provide comprehensive coverage of all parameters of the Acrylic Acid industry.
Single user price: $1,000
Going forward, the strategy for many key players has been to deprioritize bipolar disorder as the market is becoming increasingly genericized. Key products in the portfolios of Janssen, Eli Lilly, and AstraZeneca now face generic competition, and the companies do not have any pipeline candidates to offset the decline in sales. Allergan/Lundbeck/Meiji Seika’s Saphris demonstrates the competitive nature of the current bipolar disorder treatment landscape. The drug has a superior safety profile compared to many other atypical agents, and its sublingual formulation is unique in this market. However, the drug’s limited clinical advantages do not justify its high cost compared to the more affordable generic versions of older agents. Consequently, the product has generated limited revenue to date, with sales of just $57.9m in 2014.
GlobalData’s PharmaPoint: Bipolar Disorder – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2024 provides an overview of bipolar disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines. Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder characterized by periods of mania and depression. The frequency, severity, and pattern of these episodes can vary considerably over time and between individuals, making bipolar disorder one of the most challenging psychiatric disorders to manage. The bipolar disorder market is widely genericized, with additional key brands expected to face patent or data exclusivity expiries during the forecast period. The bipolar disorder market size is anticipated to contract significantly between 2014 and 2024, driven largely by the generic erosion of Otsuka’s Abilify, the highest selling bipolar disorder product in 2014. The uptake of novel atypical antipsychotic products will be a principal driver of growth over the forecast period, as these products offer clinical advantages that will drive strong uptake. However, sales of these agents will be limited by the continued utilization of established generic products. There are currently only two products in Phase III development, which indicates that bipolar disorder will remain a field of high unmet need during the forecast period.
Single user price: $10,995
Canadian HNW individuals are drawn mainly from the ranks of business owners, overwhelmingly those in the family business segment. The most prominent industries from which HNW individuals have amassed wealth are financial services, real estate, and mining, oil, and gas. Expats represent an important part of the Canadian resident HNW population, and the majority of expats have lived in the country for more than three years.
Verdict Financial’s “Wealth in Canada: HNW Investors” report analyzes the Canadian wealth management market, with a focus on the HNW segment’s demographics, investment preferences and services demand. The report is based on our proprietary survey of wealth managers.
Single user price: $ 3,450
- The South African defense spending market shrank by 3% in 2015 to reach a value of $3.7 billion.
- The compound annual growth rate of the market in the period 2011–15 was 4.7%.
- The Brazilian defense spending market grew by 2.6% in 2015 to reach a value of $30.9 billion.
- The compound annual growth rate of the market in the period 2011–15 was 4.1%.
- The Chinese defense spending market grew by 10.1% in 2015 to reach a value of $234.9 billion.
- The compound annual growth rate of the market in the period 2011–15 was 11%.
- The Indian defense spending market grew by 11% in 2015 to reach a value of $55.4 billion.
- The compound annual growth rate of the market in the period 2011–15 was 9.9%.
- The Mexican defense spending market grew by 0.4% in 2015 to reach a value of $8.7 billion.
- The compound annual growth rate of the market in the period 2011–15 was 9.5%.
MarketLine’s ‘Defense Spending: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide‘ provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume , and forecast to 2020). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Single User Price: $995
The global diesel generator market is set to grow from $14 billion in 2015 to $17.6 billion in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate of 4.7%. China and the US are the two leading market of diesel generators in the world. In 2015, China held 22.1% share, while the US accounts for 17.7% share. By 2020 the combined market share of China and the US is expected to reach 40.9%. The following figure shows the trend and outlook of the global diesel generator market from 2010 to 2020.
Established Manufacturers Facing Tough Competition from Local Manufacturers
The large and established manufacturers, such as Caterpillar and Cummins, are comfortably placed in the high-capacity rated segment but are facing tough competition from local manufacturers in the low-capacity rated and partially medium-capacity rated segments. In 2015, domestic manufacturers accounted for 51% of the Chinese diesel generator market, which is the largest diesel generator market in the world. The Indian market, another significant market for diesel generators, also sees strong participation from domestic manufacturers, such as Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. and Mahindra Powerol.
GlobalData’s latest report Diesel Generator Market, Update 2016 – Market Size, Competitive Landscape, Key Country Analysis and Forecasts to 2020, provides detailed information on the current diesel generator market, focusing on key countries, as well as covering the global scenario. The report analyzes the revenues, share of the various capacity segments for the seven key countries in the market. The market shares for the key players in each country have been provided. The drivers and restraints of the global market as well as the specific countries are also provided.
The report includes:
- An in-depth analysis of the diesel generator market in US, UK, Germany, China, India, Nigeria and South Africa.
- Covering market size for the period from 2010 to 2020 for diesel generators.
- Market share of players/leading players for diesel generators in 2015.
It discusses the key drivers and restraints impacting the diesel generator market at global and country level.
Price: $3,995 (Single User License)
Published: April -16
Report Format: electronic pdf
Even though packaging organizations are concerned about rising competition, market uncertainty, and responding to pricing pressure, focus will increase on expansion in current markets and new product development during H1 2016 (April 2016–September 2016). Procurement activities will increase on IT services and capital equipment purchases amidst the expectation increasing procurement expenditure and supplier prices over the next months. Capital expenditure will be higher on new product development and IT infrastructure development and an expected increase in merger and acquisition activity during H1 2016. Focus will be on emerging markets such as China and India and developed markets such as the US and Germany, which are expected to present significant growth opportunities for the packaging industry over the next six months.
• Expansion in current markets and new product development are the major priorities for packaging organizations during the next six months. (April–September 2016)
• The US, Germany, and Canada are highlighted by survey respondents as prominent growth-offering developed markets
• Capital expenditure on new product development and IT infrastructure development will increase during the next months
• Survey respondents expect an increase in procurement activities on IT services and capital equipment purchases in the coming six months
• Globally, 29% of survey respondents indicate limited or generalized deployment of e-procurement within their organizations over the next six months
Canadean’s Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2016 report examines executives’ opinion on business outlook and procurement activities over April–September 2016. It also highlights key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations’ perspective on e-procurement. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company type.
Single user price: US$1,950
Solar PV to Continue as a Major Renewable Energy Source in France
The French government has announced plans to boost the country’s renewable energy market and make France a world leader in PV technology. The aim is to meet the country’s target of generating 23% of its total electricity from renewable sources by 2020. It is expected that the solar PV market in France will grow from an estimated 6.5 GW in 2015 to reach a cumulative capacity of 9.8 GW by 2020. Solar PV capacity additions during 2013 decreased due to cap of 0.5 GW for cumulative solar PV capacity per quarter. Breaching the capacity cap leads to higher degression rates in the FiTs.
Government Support in Conjunction with Technology Development Driving Global Renewable Power Installations
Security of energy supply and energy independence, combined with the need to minimize carbon footprints is driving countries across the world to explore different renewable energy technologies such as wind, solar, bio power and geothermal. The growth of renewable power has gained momentum in the last decade, helped by a supportive policy and regulatory framework, a reduced cost of renewable electricity generation through technological advances, rising electricity demand, energy security, and environmental concerns. Policy targets for renewable energy have been formulated in more than 100 countries worldwide. As a result, renewable energy technologies have seen significant market deployment in certain countries. Wind, solar and several forms of advanced biopower have gained importance and have been commercialized for over the last decade. They not only utilize locally available resources but also offset costly fuel imports and are environmentally beneficial. Renewable energy sources reduce carbon footprints, provide diversification to a country’s energy mix, and create sustainable employment opportunities. These factors propelled the global renewable power capacity from 1,095.72 GW in 2006 to 2,083.67 GW by end of 2015.
Onshore Wind power has overtaken Small Hydro to become the largest Renewable Energy Source in France
As of 2015, about 50% of the renewable capacity was onshore wind power and more than 30% was solar PV. While offshore wind power is not expected to come into existence until 2019, biopower and small hydro had small contributions to the cumulative installed renewable power capacity. By 2030, the renewable power capacity is expected to grow to 49.6 GW with onshore wind still holding more than 50% share.
GlobalData’s “Solar Photovoltaic (PV) in France, Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2016 – Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles” offers comprehensive information and understanding of the Solar Photovoltaic (PV) market in France. The report provides in depth analysis on global renewable power market and global Solar Photovoltaic (PV) market with forecasts up to 2030. The report highlights installed capacity and power generation trends from 2006 to 2030 in France Solar Photovoltaic (PV) market. A detailed coverage of renewable energy policy framework governing the market with specific policies pertaining to Solar Photovoltaic (PV) is provided in the report. The research also provides company snapshots of some of the major market participants.
Single user price: US$2,500