Even though packaging organizations are concerned about rising competition, market uncertainty, and responding to pricing pressure, focus will increase on expansion in current markets and new product development during H1 2016 (April 2016–September 2016). Procurement activities will increase on IT services and capital equipment purchases amidst the expectation increasing procurement expenditure and supplier prices over the next months. Capital expenditure will be higher on new product development and IT infrastructure development and an expected increase in merger and acquisition activity during H1 2016. Focus will be on emerging markets such as China and India and developed markets such as the US and Germany, which are expected to present significant growth opportunities for the packaging industry over the next six months.
• Expansion in current markets and new product development are the major priorities for packaging organizations during the next six months. (April–September 2016)
• The US, Germany, and Canada are highlighted by survey respondents as prominent growth-offering developed markets
• Capital expenditure on new product development and IT infrastructure development will increase during the next months
• Survey respondents expect an increase in procurement activities on IT services and capital equipment purchases in the coming six months
• Globally, 29% of survey respondents indicate limited or generalized deployment of e-procurement within their organizations over the next six months
Canadean’s Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H1 2016 report examines executives’ opinion on business outlook and procurement activities over April–September 2016. It also highlights key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations’ perspective on e-procurement. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company type.
Single user price: US$1,950