Unmanned combat aerial vehicles will acquire greater market share and receive higher funding than manned fighter jets over the next five years. Supported by the ability to operate in high risk and complex target environments, and their intelligence gathering and reconnaissance capabilities, demand for UCAVs will increase over the next five years in spite of anticipated defence budget cuts. Demand for next-generation precision-guided weapons and low cost autonomous attack systems, along with advanced weapons technologies such as low power jamming systems and micro-munitions, will be high over the next five years. Geographically, investment on UCAVs will be higher in North America and Asia-Pacific, resulting in significant demand opportunities in the US and China during the next five years.
- The majority of respondents anticipate UCAVs to attain a major share within the defence industry as compared to manned fighter jets in the next five years
- Armed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) UCAVs will attract largest amount of investment during the next five years
- The ability to operate in high-risk and complex target environments and intelligence gathering and reconnaissance are driving the significance of UCAVs
- Low power jamming systems used in UCAVs will record very high or high demand during the next five years
- Technological advancements in command, control and communication and life cycle cost will drive UCAVs growth
- Investment allocation towards UCAV industry will be highest in North American region as compared to other regions over the next five years
- Demand for UCAVs will be very high or high in the US, China, the UK over the next five years
Strategic Defence Intelligence’s UCAV- Market Outlook, Demand Drivers and Advanced Weapon Technologies report presents executives’ opinion on expected changes in investment on UCAVs as compared to manned fighters during the next five years. Organizations can understand key factors responsible for growing UCAV prominence, major barriers expected for the UCAV sector over the next five years, UCAV categories with prominent investment potential, areas for technological advancement, regional investment forecast, key potential markets for UCAVs over the next five years , and demand projections for weapons carried by UCAVs. Additionally, organizations will have access to information categorized by region and company type wherever applicable.
Single user price: $1,950