Global Ammonia Industry
- Global Ammonia capacity will experience considerable growth in the next five years, increasing from 224.9 mmtpa in 2015 to 270.4 mmtpa in 2020. Around 79 planned projects are slated to come online in the next five years, driven primarily by the US, Iran and Russia.
- Two new ammonia projects were announced since the last report published in October 2015.The new ammonia projects announced were Grannus LLC Kern County Ammonia project and Riaba Fertilizers Limited Riaba Ammonia project.
- The US has 14 planned ammonia projects with a total capacity of 8.0 mmtpa, slated to come online by 2020 with a capital expenditure of US$3.0 billion. CF Industries Holdings, Inc. and Incitec Pivot Limited are the top companies accounting for major capacity additions in the US.
- Iran has 12 planned ammonia projects, adding a capacity of 7.4 mmtpa by 2018. Iran’s capital expenditure will be US$3.2 billion over the next five years. Major capacity additions will be from The National Petrochemical Company in Iran.
- In Europe, major ammonia capacity additions are from Russia, adding a capacity of about 4.2 mmtpa by 2018, planning to spend capex of around US$2.4 billion over the next five years. Eurochem Mineral and Chemical Co and PhosAgro holding company are the top two companies accounting for major capacity addition in Russia.
- India and china are the top two countries in Asia adding ammonia capacity of about 6.2 mmtpa in the next five years, planning to spend capital expenditure of US$4.3 billion over the next five years. Africa is expected to shell around US$3.1 billion to add a capacity of about 8.0 mmtpa, expected to come onstream by 2020
- In South America, Peru and Brazil are the top two countries adding ammonia capacity of about 1.6 mmtpa by 2018.In Oceania, Australia will spend US$ 0.06 billion to add 1.2 mmtpa of capacity, expected onstream by 2016.
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc., Dangote Group and Eurochem Mineral and Chemical Co are the top three companies by capacity additions globally, expected to come onstream over the next five years.
- Yara International ASA, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. and Koch Industries, Inc. are the top global producers of ammonia having capacities of 8.3 mmtpa, 7.6 mmtpa and 4.1 mmtpa respectively in 2015.
GlobalData’s Q1 Global Ammonia Capacity and Capital Expenditure Outlook – CF Industries and Dangote Lead Ammonia Capacity Growth report provides information and insight on the historic and forecast global Ammonia capacity by region. The report includes planned plants details, capital expenditure forecast by region, global ammonia capacity by feedstock and capacity share of the major producers in the world.
Single user price: $1,500