Future Market Outlook
The growth of the contrast media injector market will be driven by the increasing annual number of diagnostic imaging system purchases and the growing utilization of contrast media, particularly in China and India. During the forecast period, the global contrast media injector market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0%. The fastest-growing markets will be India (24.6%), China (29.0%), and South Korea (13.1%). In terms of revenue, Japan ($460.7M), China ($724.0M), and the US ($219.5M) are expected to be the largest markets by 2022.
The market outlook for contrast media injectors is strongly driven by the increasing number of annual diagnostic systems across all diagnostic imaging modalities, especially CT. Increased scanning is due to growth in populations, disease burdens, and contrast utilization in emerging economies such as China and India.
The key drivers for the market during the forecast period are:
- Increases in the number of annual computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and angiography procedures
- Growth in the utilization of contrast media injectors, particularly in China and India, as the countries with the most machines being installed
- Strong anticipated growth in the number of annual CT scans due to increasing disease burdens and aging populations in the 15 countries covered in this report.
GlobalData’s latest report MediPoint: Contrast Media Injectors – Global Analysis and Market Forecasts, provides analysis of the contrast media injectors space across the 15 major markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India, Mexico, the Russian Federation, and South Korea, including annualized market data from 2015 and forecast until 2022.
- Growth in the contrast media injector market will continue to be driven primarily by sales of OEM devices, such as MRI and CT systems
- Contrast media injectors are expected to see steady growth, with especially high growth in emerging APAC markets.
- Single-head CT injectors remain the largest market segment, but double-head CT injectors will become more prevalent as prices across all segments drop
The current key players need to invest in emerging markets, and continue to emphasize technology that improves workflow and safety.
Price: $5995 (Single User License)
Published: May -16
Report Format: electronic pdf