This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Pyramid Research’s exclusive panel of industry executives. From a geographic perspective, out of 87 respondents, 30 respondents (34%) are based in Latin America, 17 respondents (20%) are based in North America, 22% of respondents are based in Europe, 15% are based in Middle East and Africa, and the remaining 9% are based in the Asia-Pacific region. The largest block of respondents (38%) came from the telecom service provider community, with professional services companies and equipment/device vendors accounting for 23% & 13% of respondents, respectively. Others include independent software vendors and media & entertainment.
What to expect over the next two years:
- Respondents operating in Europe showcased a higher maturity level regarding BDA solutions, with a higher percentage of respondents in advanced stages of BDA implementation in comparison to other regions.
- Customer segmentation and network optimization are considered important predictive analytics models to register growth within the telecom industry, targeting to enhance customer experience and network efficiencies.
- Effective collaboration between data teams and business units is considered a key best practice for maximizing BDA opportunities within companies
- Over the next two years, 17% of telecom industry respondents expect revenue between US$1 m and US$5 m from investment in BDA during 2016-2018
- The majority of respondents expect collaborative and creative problem solving will be critical in maintaining strong BDA vendor relationship within telecom industry
Pyramid Research’s Big Data Analytics Adoption / Usage Trends 2016-2018 report examines the overall spend on BDA, market opportunities influencing communication service providers to invest in BDA, the best practices for maximizing BDA opportunities and the critical aspects to maintain strong BDA vendor relationship within the organization. Additionally, the report provides information about the spending pattern of BDA budget and indicates challenges which are expected to inhibit the adoption of BDA within the organizations.
Price: $1,950 (Single User License)
Published: Nov – 2016
Publisher: Pyramid Research
Report Format: electronic pdf