The global electronic warfare market, valued at US$14.4 billion in 2016, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.13% over the forecast period, to reach US$19.6 billion by 2026 and cumulatively value US$184.1 billion. The market consists of three categories: electronic protection, electronic warfare support and electronic attack systems. The market is expected to be dominated by electronic protection systems, which will account for 50% of the market, followed by electronic warfare support and electronic attack systems with shares of 32% and 18% respectively. North America is forecast to dominate the sector with a share of 41%, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe, with shares of 27% and 21% respectively.
- Although North America is expected to witness defense budget cuts during the forecast period, the region’s expenditure on electronic warfare systems is expected to account for a majority 41% share of global spending during the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is the second largest spender, with most major militaries in the region formulating large scale procurement programs for the purchase of airborne, naval, and ground-based platforms, which widely incorporate the use of electronic warfare systems. The region is projected to account for 27% of the global market during the forecast period
- The next major market for electronic warfare systems is Europe, which is expected to garner a share of 21%, with a large portion of the spending attributable to Russia, the UK, and France.
- In the Middle East, all major defense spending nations have placed an increased focus on protecting their oil and gas infrastructure, and are involved in territorial disputes as well.
- Spending in the Latin American region is driven mainly by investments from Brazil, which aims to take a more assertive role in the region, and has formulated a number of military platform procurement schedules, which will provide substantial impetus to the market for electronic warfare systems over the forecast period.
Price: $4,800 (Single User License)
Published: Dec 2016
Publisher: Strategic Defence Intelligence
Report Format: electronic pdf