The global stadium and arena construction projects pipeline, stands at US$125.5 billion, and comprises numerous projects related to major sporting events such as the forthcoming Olympic Games 2020 in Tokyo, the Winter Olympics 2022 in Beijing and the FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022. There is also significant investment in the refurbishment and building of new stadia and arenas for major sporting leagues in the UK and across the rest of Europe, as well as the US and China.
Rapid population growth and increasing affluence in the Asia-Pacific region has assisted the growth in the construction of stadia and other leisure buildings. The Americas and Europe have a mature stadium and arena market, with huge investment from professional and amateur sporting leagues for American football, basketball, hockey and baseball in the Americas to football (soccer), cricket and rugby in Europe. The Middle East and Africa are integrating sporting venues into mixed-use projects, although the largest driver for investment in the region is the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Report Coverage Includes:
- Analysis based on the Construction Intelligence Center’s (CIC) projects showing total project values and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
- The major international sporting events are analyzed showing the major projects.
- The top 50 global projects are listed giving country, stage, value of stadium and arena construction.
- Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
- Country profiles are providing for the top 10 countries including the US, China and the UK.
Single User Price: $3950
Published: Aug 2018
Report Format: electronic pdf